Ask the Accountant Masterclass
This half day masterclass is about answering the questions you’d ask your accountant if you had one. Do you know what costs can be claimed against profit? What common insurances should you have in place? Find out the answers to these questions and many more …..
- Business Structure: discuss the practicalities of how and when to set up and register a business
- Bookkeeping and Accounts: an overview on the importance of accounting records and accounting policy methods
- Financial Reporting: explanation of key financial reports – Profit & Loss; Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Unpick the basics on employment: better understand the salary and tax implications depending on whether you are a sole trader or limited company. Also includes a summary of Payroll, Pension, holiday, sickness, minimum/living wage and other related matters you should take into account
- VAT: all you need to know about VAT
- Business Plan: what should it include? how long should it be? and who is it for?
- Do you know what costs can be claimed against your profit? this session will explore business taxes, exemptions, allowable expenses and capital costs
- Statutory Records: find out what information you are obligated to record and provide to Companies House
- What common insurances should you have?: the insurances you will need will depend upon a variety of factors, this session will step you through key considerations
The first masterclasses takes place in Birmingham on Tuesday 9th April. Book your place before 26th March to qualify for the Early Bird discount of £99. Normal admission price is £149.
Venue and date details for the Coventry, Black Country and Worcestershire masterclasses will be announced soon.