Worcestershire Expansion Programme – Regional Growth Fund
If you are a Worcestershire based business then providing you meet the criteria detailed below you may be eligible to apply for the Worcestershire RGF:
- Must be a private sector organisation within Worcestershire.
- The project is focussed on SME’s (however larger companies may be considered on a case by case basis) within the key LEP sectors of Manufacturing, Defence and Cyber Security, Tourism, Horticultural and Food Production, and Environmental Technology. But other sectors will be considered incl. Creative Industries, Defence, Micro-electronics, Low Carbon Industries, Retail & Distribution, and Construction.
- Types of activity that are most likely to be supported:
Undertaking a physical expansion; and/or
Buying capital equipment; and/or
Training their workforce; and/or
Undertaking a Research & Development related project
- The project must generate new employment based in Worcestershire.
- The project will be delivered under the General Block Exemption Regulations and all projects will need to comply with State Aid. Eligible spend is the project expenditure qualifying under the State Aid regulations.
- Grants will be available from £20,000 and up to but not exceeding £1m in exceptional circumstances.
- The applicant cannot undertake more than one project in a three year period.
- Only employment generated before March 2015 will be eligible for funding.
- Each project will be subject to full due diligence.