The Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire High Growth Investment Programme is designed to enable local companies realise their growth potential by offering grant funding for expansion, capital equipment purchases, support for training, and research and development. This will help companies in the region strengthen their position in the market and contribute to increased employment, productivity and expansion.
- Business based in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire LEP area, or relocating to the area
- The project is focused on small and medium sized businesses that are able to secure private sector leverage
- Applications from all sectors are invited
- Have a deliverable investment plan to develop and grow the business
- Have a project that qualifies for a minimum grant of £10,000
- The grant funding must be matched 3:1 by the applicant (own resources or third party funding)
- The grant request must be below £100,000 and must be spent by March 2015
- The project must generate new employment based in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire LEP area
- Commence generating employment before March 2015 that is sustainable for at least 3 years after the project has been completed
- The applicant cannot undertake more than one project under the scheme
- Expenditure must comply with the State Aid Regulations as specified by the Regional Growth Fund
- There are limited funds and applications will be competitively assessed
The following are examples of the types of activity most likely to be supported:
- Delivery of a business expansion project
- Investing in capital equipment
- Training for the workforce
- Undertaking a Research & Development related project
How to Apply:
Enquiries in the first instance should be through the Expression of Interest form which will be considered and if appropriate a full application for funding will then be invited within 14 days of receipt. Applicants are recommended to ensure they read the Guidance Notes before making their first approach.
These forms are created in Microsoft Word to enable applicants to complete the forms in phases should they wish to. Once the form is fully completed please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is anticipated that invited applicants will be assessed by interview before being submitted for panel approval on a monthly basis.
General enquiries should be directed to the Stoke-on-Trent & Staffordshire programme team at:
Blue Sky Corporate Finance, email email@example.com; or call 0845 2583 759